Abdul is a long time comrade and defender of prisoners, particularly Muslims and deserves all the support possible. – Lynne. You can watch the video of Abdullah Majid’s mother, Ms. LaBorde, speaking about her son here: http://nationinside.org/campaign/release-of-aging-people-in-prison/storybank/a-mothers-story-of-visiting-an-aging-incarcerated-man
Since his hearing has been postponed until October, there is still the time to submit letters to the parole board for political prisoner Abdullah Majid.
Guidelines for Parole Letters in support of Abdul Majid
These letters should not be form letters. They should be sincere and in your own words!
1. The letters should be addressed to Moira Meltzer-Cohen, Attorney at Law, 11 Park Place Suite 914, NY NY 10007, but on the top left-hand side of the page, they should say TO: NYS Board of Parole, 1220 Washington Avenue, Building 2, Albany, NY 12226-2050. You must mail, not email letters!
2. Put the date on the letter
3. There should be a subject line that says Re: 2015 Parole Hearing for Abdullah Majid, DIN#83-A-0483
4. Your salutation can be Dear Honorable Members of the Parole Board:
5. Identify yourself, and where you live, explain who you are and what you do, and your relationship with Abdullah.
6. If there is any way in which you personally can help him acclimate and reenter society, explain your relationship to him, if any, or how you see yourself being able to help him if and when he is released.
7. Do not argue Abdullah’s criminal case, or discuss the reasons that the state or the police are bad.
8. Do include in your letter the following:
• Abdul has spent more than three decades in prison for a crime he has always said he didn’t commit
– Associate’s Degree in business administration,
Thank you, everyone, for helping to support Abdullah.
Remember to sign your letter. Moira Meltzer-Cohen