THREE WAYS TO DONATE
1. Directly to Lynne’s commissary account at Carswell via US Mail or Western Union.
2. To National Lawyers Guild Foundation (tax deductible!!!)
3. To her defense fund, Lynne Stewart Organization.
#1 Donate Directly to Lynne’s commissary account at Carswell via US Mail or Western Union.
To donate money directly into Lynne’s commissary, all people need is Lynne’s number #53504-054 and her FULL name: Lynne Irene Stewart.
Methods of donation are below, taken from the Bureau of Prisons Website.
TO DONATE TO LYNNE’s COMMISSARY without using WESTERN UNION
Federal Bureau of Prisons
The deposit must be in the form of a money order made out to the inmate’s full committed name LYNNE IRENE STEWART and complete eight-digit register number 53504-054. Effective December 1, 2007, all non-postal money orders and non-government checks will be placed on a 15-day hold. Personal checks and cash cannot be accepted for deposit.The sender’s name and return address must appear on the upper left-hand corner of the envelope.
Inmates’ families and friends may also send inmates funds through Western Union’s Quick Collect Program. All funds sent via Western Union’s Quick Collect will be posted to the inmate’s account within two to four hours, when those funds are sent between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. EST (seven days per week, including holidays). Funds received after 9:00 pm EST will be posted by 7:00 am EST the following morning. Funds sent to an inmate through the Quick Collect Program may be sent via one of the following ways:
1) At an agent location with cash: The inmate’s family or friends must complete a Quick Collect Form. Click here to view a sample Quick Collect Form. To find the nearest agent, they may call 1-800-325-6000 or go to www.westernunion.com.
2) By phone using a credit/debit card: The inmate’s family or friends may simply call 1-800-634-3422 and press option 2.
3) ONLINE using a credit/debit card: The inmate’s family and friends may go to www.westernunion.com and select “Quick Collect.”
For each Western Union Quick Collect transaction, the following information must be provided:
Please note that the inmate’s committed name and eight-digit register number must be entered correctly. If the sender does not provide the correct information, the transaction cannot be completed. The Code City is always FBOP, DC.
Any questions or concerns regarding Western Union transfers should be directed to Western Union by the sender (general public). Questions or concerns should not be directed to the Federal Bureau of Prisons. For additional information concerning inmate Commissary account deposit procedures, please see the Bureau of Prisons Trust Fund/Warehouse/Laundry Manual (PS 4500.07) or 28 CFR Parts 506 and 540. For information concerning a specific deposit, please contact Federal Bureau of Prisons’ staff at 202-307-2712 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. ET.
#2 To National Lawyers Guild (tax deductible!!!)
Make checks payable to National Lawyers Guild Foundation
#3 To Her Defense Fund, the Lynne Stewart Organization